First under New Things:
- Run at least three different games at conventions - a big goose egg there. I only made it to one convention this past year (Origins for 1 day) and I was able to sit in on one game, but not run anything.
- Put together a free RPG to run in libraries - another 0. I had started work on Demigods but was not able to get it to a playable version for testing.
- Development on an Old School campaign - 25%. I started work on Icosa and managed to hammer out the basics, but ran out of steam.
- Run introductory RPG sessions at library - 0. Other than the initial session in 2009 I was not able to get this moving. This failed primarily to my dependance on the second point above.
- Run RPG for children under 10 - fail.
- Illustrating my games/play - nada.
Score: .25 out of 6
On to Improvements:
- Posting an average of 8x/month - 0. I managed to hit that mark 1 out of the last 12 months. I started out strong with 11 posts in January and spiked again in April with 7.
- Posting adventure logs - 0. Didn't happen.
- Games in Libraries Podcast - epic fail. I couldn't get my act together to make it happen.
- Participation in RPG conversations - 25%. I started off strong and once again lost steam.
- Logging my reading with GoodReads - 75%. I did very well with logging, I just had a tough time finishing books.
Score: 1 out of 5
Finally Continuing Items:
- Continued regular play - Yes. I managed to have probably my best gaming year to date (even if I didn't always blog about it).
- Continue exploring my passion - I would have to say Yes on this as well.
- Strive for a balance in my endeavors - Ha! Ok, that was a bit sarcastic. I did strive (begged, pleaded and even groveled at times), but was not always successful. I'll give this one a 50%.
Score: 2.5 out of 3
So looking back this may seem like an awful year. Really, it wasn't. Maybe I was a bit unrealistic on what I was aiming for, but I gave it a shot. I'm not mad, a little disappointed, maybe, but I'm not going to beat myself up over it. So, taking what I've learned and looking ahead, I try to follow Casey Kasem's advice:
"Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars."
So now with this review of the year under my belt (slightly smaller thanks to plus5cha.com & MyFitnessPal.com), I can ponder my course for the next year. For that, check back on the other side of midnight.
Follow your bliss,
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad