Pages

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Giving Thanks

I am thankful for many things in my life. I won't bore you with all of them, but I thought the ones dealing with RPGs were most appropriate for this blog.
  • I'm thankful for my wife and her understanding that playing RPGs is part of who I am. I appreciate her patience when I wax geeky about some minutia of a game session I just played. And I love that she encourages me to persue my passion of sharing RPGs with a new generation of gamers.
  • I'm thankful for my boys and their love of the hobby. I love that it has transcended me always initiating play and that they have found new ways to play together. It is wonderful to have this bond that we can share as they grow older and I hope it is something that keeps us close.
  • I'm thankful for all the players I had the opportunity to share a game with, I am the richer for that time.
  • I'm thankful that the Wood County District Public Library took a chance on letting me run a game for their teen patrons. I hope to be able to introduce more players to this hobby I love so much.
  • I'm thankful for BG Teen Central's warm reception to my presentation on RPGs. I look forward to sharing more with this program in the future.
  • I'm thankful for my Friendly Local Gaming Stores for persevering in this trying economic times to continue to provide a place to gather and play.
  • I'm thankful for the RPG podcasters who tirelessly put out new content with little or no compensation for their time other than a job well done.
  • I'm thankful for all the RPG publishers who create countless wondrous worlds for adventure and exploration.
  • And finally, I'm thankful that Dave & Gary decided to throw caution to the wind and publish their little brown books.
Happy Thanksgiving,

JJ

No comments:

Post a Comment